Thread: Building pots
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Building pots

[ QUOTE ]
So you want to wait for someone to have a better hand than you so they will give you some action? See how dumb that sounds. Lead out when you flop a set. Most of the time no one believes and you will get action. The best way to disguise a monster is to play it like a scared AK or something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its a litte late to represent AK when limped preflop, raising preflop with 55 is not a bad idea. The I can represent AK with full credability. And as mentioned the C-bet will probably work often enough to make it a profitable play. As I said my problem is that I dont get enough action but that is an advantage to exploit aswell. i don´t think I wrote outright that I want to give free cards until I´m beat I use to put in a smallish bet on a "safe" flop to induce a reraise or at least get a few callers and a little sweeter pot to fight about on turn. On a scary flop I bet >½ pot and are happy to take it down right there if reraised I push.

[ QUOTE ]
Giving a free card is rarely ever correct unless you hold 55 on a 445 flop. Giving someone infinite odds to hit a backdoor straight or flush is not +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to be like your bigger problem is that you are predictable. You bet when you have a hand and fold when you don't. So if you flop a set and bet, of course everyone is going to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe to predictable or at least very tight 16-20% saw flop & 6% PFR on 6 handed NL25$. The stats usually mean that i am by far the tightest at the table and I guess that it gives my bets some respect, most of the time its good to take down AK or one pair hands before the river but I want to stack the donks with my bigger hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you give action? By that, I mean do you raise with SCs on the button? Will you open the betting on the flop with an OESD? When villains see you starting to get aggressive with what they perceive as trash hands then your monsters will get plenty of action.

How often do you raise pre-flop? Is your raise amount the same with AA vs AQ UTG? How often do you CB? Is it the same amount whether you hit the flop or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do u mean open for a raise or raise limpers with SCs. Open for a raise YES raise limpers NO.
I raise about 6% preflop according to preflop formula 1a 4BB + 1BB/limper. Try to vary my play somewhat and raise maybe a little lesswith AA and a little more with QQ-10 10.
Raise pairs <9 9. AK-A10s depending on position. Reraise with AA KK QQ AK, fold QQ if reraised push AA&KK call AK. Fold AQ if raised before me.
Always C-bet about ½ pot against one caller if checked or first to act. Against two callers a little dependent on the flop C bet about ½ pot more than ½ the time. In family pots check fold most of the time unimproved. When my C-bet is reraised I fold without reads, if this is exploited I rather change table than make a stand (easier and V-).
I try to bet the same when I hit as my C-Bet leaning on smaller bet with KKK for example.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure not every one of my questions applies to you, but I'm guessing more than one does (and if not you, then others here).

[/ QUOTE ]
Good questions vould appreciate feedback on my answears but my original question was mainly about when I limp and hit big. That is a spot when it would be nice to have some tricks for stacking!