View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: 90% sure I\'m getting semibluffed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't know what to do here, I think you should reraise preflop. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to call preflop when opponents are over aggro, and I have been pretty tight. If I reraise preflop here in this situation I might as well turn my cards over for him.

[/ QUOTE ]
But without reraising, you have no idea where you stand with your kings. They were almost certainly the best hand preflop but now there are 4 other cards out there and you set yourself up to either fold the best hand or pay off the best hand. If I flat call a button open with a big hand like aces or kings, I do it because I know how the other guy plays postflop and I should be able to figure out with a reasonable degree of certainty if I'm ahead. If I don't think I can do this, I reraise and postflop is a billion times easier. The title of your post implies you've got a pretty good read so go ahead and pop him back. Any hand that semibluffs the turn is behind your kings but you'll have a tough decision on the end if you flat call as you will not know if the river helped him or not.