View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Another brilliant 1/2 6-max session (no-content whine post)

6-max is definitely getting to me. I think I'm going to to go back to 1/2 full for a bit to get my head on straight, then move up to 2/4.

The following stats are from my last session, which puts me down 150BB over 6k hands, for a winrate of -2.6/100:

I didn't think it was possible to have a W$@SD that low. Note that includes an absolutely massive pot I won with an unimproved AA.

The only semi-questionable hand was the following:
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Villain was loose and quite aggressive, so I felt there were a large number of hands villain would raise on the turn, including A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with any pair, two pair, or a set (unlikely - he would reraise all but 88 preflop, I think). Still, the 3-bet seemed like a little much, though I may be getting a little results oriented. Maybe call the turn, and c/r a non-spade river, folding to a 3-bet?