Thread: Russ Georgiev?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Russ Georgiev?

[ QUOTE ]

My take is that there is certainly a grain of truth to his posts in that some of the players he has accused of cheating probably do cheat, but I don't believe all of his wild claims. He strikes me as a bitter old man who regrets wasting his life as a con-man, is jealous of his peers who have become rich and famous from poker while he sits around scamming online poker and spamming RGP in a crummy apartment somewhere, and is possibly mentally ill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the majority consenses in RGP. Unfortunately there was a minority that claimed Russ knew nothing and was making everything up and that Russ should be ignored and silenced. This had the unfortunate effect of giving Russ fuel as there were some grains of truth to some of what he was saying. Most notable of course is that it is absolutely clear and truthful that Russ cheated. This put the cheating naysayers in an untenable position as it is proof that big poker games were being cheated, although not necessarily by the people that Russ claimed.

So bottom line is #1.) Big poker games have been cheated(duh!), 2.) Russ Georgiev cheated them(duh!), 3.) Some big names may have cheated poker, but most probably did not (duh!)