View Single Post
Old 08-10-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: SNG Ladder Challenge (SLC) - Updates

I'm currently "laddering" at UB sng's...Started with the 10's, and I find them to be quite beatable - I'm either out fast or in the money. Just moved up to $20's after starting with $100 and hitting $300. The players at the $10 are highly unpredictable (still finding some of that in the $20, dear lord...), and I suggest keeping tedious notes on every player you play with---it's amazing how after a week of sng's I can tell who's mini-betting with what and what it means when a player bets out however much on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]..at this level, players are calling early raises with anything - tread lightly, play a good game, and know that with consistent, selectively-aggressive play, you're moving up to the $20's in no time. [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

You want scary and a low ROI, head over to Pacific, where---if you can stay connected during your entire SNG, you can be re-raised by 9-2 os against your AK consistently and have 3 all-ins within the first 4 hands...the party never stops! They pay 3 places, (3rd-10, 2nd-15, and 1st-25) for a $10 buyin...hateful...