View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: My bustout hand in the WSOP main event (x-post)

Why would CO sense a bluff? All you did was c/r the flop. Do you really think CO is gonna put half his stack into this pot on a stone-cold bluff? CO isn't God, I don't think, unless it was left out of the thread description.

That being said, I think c/ring the flop for pot amount is like, the worst play possible. What in the hell do you do when he calls and the turn blanks? Fim's idea of c/ring all-in on the flop isn't bad, but I don't know how much folding equity you actually have. The problem is that everyone knows this is a doyle move and people are much more likely to call it nowadays. I might lead the flop and expect him to raise a legitimate/decent hand. If he raises, great. If he calls, it seems really likely you can pick up the pot on fourth with a second bet.

But again c/ring all-in isn't very bad either, just depends if you think he'll call or not. check-calling and c/ring pot on flop are worst options. I am looking to 1) play this aggressively, since you have a very good hand, 2) not put myself in extremely awkward positions.