View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 11

I definitely play differently at the 2 sites, but it's not that big an adjustment. At Party I just play the way I love to play. Since I'm playing 3 tables I find it hard to get reads on individual players as quickly, so I'm playing very ABC. Post flop I'm doing very little cahsing unless the odds are there. However you almost always have odds to chase a gutshot on the flop. I'm making my money at Party by Raising pre-flop with big hands, and raising the flop with big draws or Top pair. The pots I win are bigger than average, and I fold on the flop a lot. If I raise with AK and get 4 cold callers and get a flop like 3,5,9, I check/fold. Too many guys playing A9 and K5 to chase.

At paradise(and even in the Party 5/10) I need to play what I call my evolved game. I drop the small pairs and sauited connectors pre-flop unless there are already players in. I need to focus on individuals more because you are heads up a lot more. I fold less post-flop because these guys are much more likely to put on a move.

I do believe it is better for me to stick with one site and right now Party has the better games and that will be it. I will probably still give the 5/10 a try now and then. I can't imagine I'll be able to have many $1,000 days at 3/6, but I won't have any $1,000 losses either. Right now the 3/6 games are extrememly lucrative for me so I'm going to run it until it dries up. In 11 sessions since I started playing 3 3/6 tables I'm up $3,400. And those are 3 or 4 hour sessions. Thats pretty remarkable. I assume I'm running very good there, but it's hard to say. Last night I lost with AA 4 times, and twice lost flush under flush. THose 6 hands cost me over $250, and I still managed a $370 win.