View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Re: 200 NL 6 max KK hand

I have a couple of problems with the way that you played this hand. I think that (unless the std raise at this table was 5-times the BB) your PFR was a little too high. That's not a big deal though. A raise to $6-8 accomplishes the same goals, and might get you a little more action on your premium pairs.
Your flop "continuation" bet seems a little high here too. Given the "texture" of this flop, a bet of half of the pot here would be fine. Fortunately for you, it looks like your opponent has really misplayed his trips here. Even if he put you on a flush (or a straight draw) he has more outs to a boat (10) then you have to either draw. His correct play is to call your flop bet, making the pot $68, then bet about $40 on the turn (giving you only 3 to 1 on your flush draw with virtually no implied odds.) I'm not sure what hands he fears here if he holds an Ace, but his line screams very bad/inexperienced player with an Ace.
When he pushes, you are getting almost 2.5 to 1 from the pot, so you have to be good about 30% of the time to break-even on your call. I don't think that 30% of the time he is going all-in with a J or a draw.
I'd be glad that he shot his wad on the flop, and save some chips here.