Thread: Overdoing it?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Overdoing it?

[ QUOTE ]
Wesley, I understand your preflop arguement, but when I said he was loose-passive, that didn't mean he called down without some sort of hand. If he misses the flop there's a good chance I win with a bet on the flop, and if not I most likely see a free river.

Your arguement for calling down neglects the fact that I only have a pair of 9's, and calling does nothing to protect my hand if I am ahead. I'd prefer folding to calling per joker's advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given the action postflop, there is a high likelihood that you dont have the best hand already, therefore you dont need to think about raising the turn to protect your hand, and given that you have a pair and a gutshot you have more than enough pot odds to call this turn, especially when you consider the fact that you will still probably have the best hand here 5-10% of the time when your opponent is on some weird bluff. About preflop: Even against the perfect oppponent, the raise is still wrong becuz of the loose BB who is very likely to ruin your isolation play.