View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: PL08 Partypoker $25

[ QUOTE ]
I hope you lost this hand to quad fours on the river. It would serve you right for playing the hand so weakly. Smooth calling the flop is okay I guess, but what are you gaining?

[/ QUOTE ] The villain I was hoping to get money from (villain1) was prone to bluffing. I was hoping he'd blast out more on the turn if everyone showed weakness. It's not my usual play. It was very player specific.

"Perhaps the turn card will make someone an expensive 2nd best hand or give a low draw." Actually, the 4 on the turn was my dream card... I didn't think villain1 would be able to fold once a possibility of a lowdraw appeared. Since I also had the nutlow draw (though counterfeitable), I figured I had good quartering possibility.

The 2nd villain is what threw me off. Not only did he chase away the person I was hoping to get into a bigger pot, I also felt at a loss to how he played.

Even if he had aces, I thought I had to call his reraise on the turn because I had the low draw and the possibility that we were tied.

The river was tough because I thought it might seem obvious I was slowplaying and yet he was fearless.