Thread: Overdoing it?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Overdoing it?

I do not like the preflop raise. "I've also seen him make some pretty terrible call-downs" means you need the best hand to beat him. 109s is great at hitting big flops rarely, and medium flops semi often, and crap often. Limp behind, take a look.

How you played it I like the flop raise. You are likely to have the best hand and you have a BDSD.

On the turn, when he donks, I think you are still pretty likely to have the best hand. The raise is not bad, although it is one I would not make. If he is bluffing, I want him to continue to do so. MP3 folded, so there are no additional considerations in respect to other players.

You clearly have enough of a hand to see the river against his donk bet. While this is occasionaly 2 pair with the 8, or J10, it is also often A8, 93, K4 as well as a hand that picked up a gutshot like 810.

Calling and raising the turn are both fine, but raising and folding to a three bet, given your gutshot and the fact that your 9 outs (as in to trips) are good about 90% of the time here means you should call the turn.

I think "raise or fold" situations are not nearly as common as most people believe in the complex world of lagtastic online poker.