View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Re: The secret is revealed!

Hey dfscott, glad to hear things are turning around... they've turned around for me also, but in the opposite direction: last night I had an 80BB downswing in about 2.5 hours. (By the way, I think I saw you at one of my three tables when I started last night. You should have warned me to quit early! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) I haven't put the hands into PT yet, but it's bound to take a huge chunk out of my 10BB/100 win rate at 1/2.

I felt like the tables were fine. I think the problem was partially a bad run of cards, combined with my good starting hands not holding up past the flop (lots of people hitting straights and flushes against me). I also need to adjust how I play overcards and top pair, and get better at getting away from marginal situations (although it seemed like whenever I did dump things last night, they would have ended up winning -- very discouraging).

Well, hopefully this is just temporary, and not indicitave of any super-serious problems with my game. I'll have to watch for that, and maybe go to two tables instead of three to concentrate a bit more. Good luck to you -- hope your success continues!