View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: What really is my bankroll?

IT seems your bankroll is artificially held up by mom and dad.

so why dont you act like a real man and stop taking money from them. I bet they would be real proud of you if you told them you were going to pull your own weight and that they should spend the 6.6K on a nice holiday instead of you taking it and pissing it away.

while your at it you might want to start picking up a few of your own bills.

you would be expected to toast off another 2K of student loans. why not do something productive with them? make a sound investment. I know 2K isnt alot, but you can get your foot in the door on a entry level portfolio or laddered CD plan.

I dig interest free money I carry all my debit cards as interest free. Its sound to use intrest free to better leverage the money you already have. but remember intrest free isnt principal free and the principal amount must be recokoned with sometime.

Now that reality has struck you should not used borrowed money for your bankroll. the idea is to add to your future wealth not install liens against it.

Im glad your a winning player. bank and invest the cash. give yourself a healthy bankroll that earns interest on its own. make real short , mid and long term plans to build a sound secure financial future for your self, your companion and perhaps your future generations. also give some away to philanthropic endevors. Barry Greenstein would be proud of you too.

cut mom and dad some slack on the bills. they will be proud of their son and it will help you in the long run.