View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Re: results

I think Sergio was in much better condition that Peter, and that he rope-a-doped Peter a good bit. Peter had a great round in round 4 I guess it was?, punching like crazy, mostly to the body, and wearing himself out. After that round, Peter was much weakened, and Sergio hadn't really absorbed much punishment. From that point on, Peter never really recovered, and after a while Sergio seemed to be landing punches like crazy, while even when Peter did land a punch, it was mostly to the body again. My guess is he not only had tunnel vision, but frankly was having trouble lifting his arms to shoot higher. When his punches did land, they didn't sink in or push back -- they bounced.

The last couple of rounds especially, Sergio seemed far fresher. He had much more variety in his punches, threw more combos instead of just isolated punches, and was able to do more than just sprint for a clinch and punch low. And he took very little punisment in comparison to Peter, who seemed to be just inhaling those punches.

It seemed a very clear win for Sergio, to me, and it looked almost predictable from the 5th onward.