View Single Post
Old 11-01-2004, 12:13 AM

Default KJo hits two pair at $2 paradise.

Hi there.

Just getting back into NL play after a many months' hiatus. I play Paradise $2 buy-in tables right now, and I'm far from confident with my game.

------

7 handed, stacks:
SB: 8.93
BB: 7.42
UTG: 1.80
UTG+1: 2.25
Hero: 5.37
CO: 0.42
B: 1.29

Hero dealt: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PF: utg calls, fold, hero raises to 0.08...

(Out of position with a weakish hand... please comment on this, but please focus on the rest of the hand.)

... fold, call, call, bb folds, call.

Those who remain:
SB: 8.93
UTG: 1.80
Hero: 5.37
B: 1.29

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (pot: 0.34)

Action: check, check, hero bets the pot, button calls, fold fold.

Is a pot-sized bet here okay? I'm probably the best hand, and I'm trying to build a big pot so that I can tie the big stacks to it. I was intending to give a big push back if someone raised me here, especially if they were a big stack.

Turn: (5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](pot: 1.04)

Hero bets the pot, button calls all-in at 0.86 cents.

Not sure what you guys will think of this. The only draw out there was a straight draw, and it was the card that hit... However, it seems unlikely to me that someone would call my raise PF with QT, or that they would call my earlier bet with 99.

Any comments?
--Dave.