View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 02:50 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: I open 72o UTG get 3bet by tiltboy and call down my bottom pair.

[ QUOTE ]
No I haven't.

I didn't mean 72o specifically--more just the notion of raising UTG with the non-premium. And maybe people would have ideas like thats a fine idea--just not with a hand that horrible. When someone asked where I got the idea i dug around and figured out myself that it was a pretty horible idea. Specifically I need something more like 56s and better table conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you realize the tangible effect doing something like this has to have on your oppoenents to justify taking a huge -EV hit first in at a 10-person table

plus, its 72o. its not a random hand. it is universally known as the worst hand. if you got to show the table your 72o, then they would likely think that you thought it would be fun to do it, and not that youre a maniac who raises EVERYTHING UTG. i think something like 53s would have more of an effect since its a random hand and its a lot less -EV raising up front. not that it would be ok, but 72o is probably the worst choice of any hand