View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: I open 72o UTG get 3bet by tiltboy and call down my bottom pair.

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you read about the concept of raising utg 72o in a ten handed game? This is awful in the situation you described.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well a couple discalimers, I've only been playing about one year and I've read quite a bit of different stuff in the process of learning. I dug around and tried to figure where I got this from.

I think I got a couple different things mixed up in my head and kind of made it up thinking I read it somewhere.

Here is the basis for raising a non-premium hand UTG Clearly this is different as he is choosing hands with a lot more value like 23s or 87s.

I think the 72o notion is something I have misapplied from some NL reading I've done. I think Harrington's Volume 1 or maybe Super System... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] talks about playing 72o as if it were a premium hand. Or maybe it was in a squeeze play scenario...not sure. Anyways it wasn't limit UTG ten handed.

I'd guess there is likely some personal ego element that led me to combine the two concepts..."how cool would that be if I could own someone with the worst possible hand."

Obviously not good poker thinking.

The other downside to 72o is that if you show it down at any level above about 2/4 everyone knows it was "a move." Something like 78s or Q6s has the edge in that it has more equity and there is also a greater chance your opponents will define you as a moron instead of a tricky player.