View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 01:22 AM

Default Re: de asini umbra disceptare

What you are suggesting is that it is possible for infants to somehow be baptized without our knowledge (like through a miracle of baptism of desire). Now I can give you all sorts of reasons why God would not do this but I CANNOT accuse you of heresy, because there is none present.

Unfortunately, the CCC does not say that we may hope for God to provide a way for unbaptized children to be baptized and hence reach salvation through implicit desire.

It explicity and implicity states that we can hope for the UNBAPTIZED to reach salvation.

Now if you can produce proof that those who wrote the CCC intended to mean your conclusion then they should correct it and be done with it. Problem solved. But the members of the clergy whom I have questioned specifically mean what they say: that the UNBAPTIZED go to heaven. 'We don't need Baptism to go heaven, our thinking has evolved.' They are heretics without doubt.

As for John Paul II, he's dead so I don't know what his intention was. But I can suspect him of heresy, and by reading his other writings come to the assumption that in totality, he is a heretic. I cannot officially pronounce this with authority, but I may personally believe it.

As for your mention of Augustine and Aquinas, there is no difference in the belief on the necessity for the baptism of infants. Also, as regards implicit desire of the child, that would be contrary to the words of Christ Himself and teachings of Aquinas.