View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Sng\'s and Bluffing

For those who play the 33s and lower....

Maybe I'm the only one, but is anyone else choosing to bluff in the early game? Everyone here talks about tight play here early, and its usually the best route.

However, sometimes you can limp into a pot with one or 2 early callers and either:

-Call early weak bets, like 20-30% pot bets, to take the pot away on the turn
-Make small bets after everyone has checked, and then make a large bet after the field has checked again on the turn, and take the pot.

There are other specific situations, but it seems that the lesser, non-maniac players, fall into betting patterns that often gives away the fact that they have a weak hand, and that they can be pushed off of it.

Obviously, there's other times when a player calls your raises, and larger bets, and there's no point in trying to push a maniac off of a hand (in this case, you're usually way ahead - point being, not a place to bluff).

Sometimes, I'm wrong, and down to 650 chips in Level 1 or 2, but usually I can get my chips to 900-1000 and have a far better chance of making the money.

Anyone else do this at 33s (Party for me) and below, or is everyone doing the strict ABC thing?