View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: confused by hyper loose tables

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is that this statement is false:

[ QUOTE ]
it seems like when most of the table plays that loose, there are always a few people chasing, and almost always someone hitting a big hand. This is so consistant that the game becomes largely like playing a slot machine

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The key this statement being true is that I said, "it seems" and it does seem that way to me. I don't think it actually is like playing a slot machine (well, it is, but only because I'm missing something). The purpose of the post is to state that I'm missing something pretty basic and to attempt to figure out what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, fine.

it might seem to be the case in the near term, but over a large sample of hands it is not the case.

most likely you didn't play many hands. live games can run about 30 hands per hour. how many hands do we usually look at to perform rudimentary analyses? about 10000. it's very easy to run very well or very poorly in the short term in these games. but over the long haul, proper play will lead to large winnings at loose passive tables. whether KK holds up one or twice or three times in one session is not relevant.