View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: AQs against Limp Reraise, Is my play OK

[ QUOTE ]
It looks good but I might check behind on the river. Usually the limp rr'er is going to show KK or AA and you will lose. Its probably really close between betting and checking behind. I guess you have to fold to a raise here for sure although, gosh, the pot is big and I guess it would depend on the other player to see if he called or what.

I would check behind. Am I way off here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night, I got limp-reraised by 84s. The player in question was a maniac, though.

The two other most recent times I've gotten limp-reraised that I recall (on these occasions by more sensible players), my opponents had AJs and AQs.

Sometimes a limp-reraise on Party 2/4 does in fact mean AA or KK, but I certainly don't assume that it does.

All the same, I'm not really sure what's best on the river in this hand. But I would probably bet.

Edit: Regarding being up against an opponent who limp-reraises me, I think I'm less concerned by that than I am when an opponent raises preflop and then caps after I 3-bet with my AKo. I don't get limp-reraised very often, though, so I'm not sure about this. (And, actually, my 3-bets don't get capped by the original raiser all that often either.) I wonder what others' experiences have been.