View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: OT: STTF NYC Get together

I grew up on the Upper West Side and still live in the city. Try Dallas BBQ on 72nd between Columbus and CPW- used to go there in high school (1990- yikes!) and would get smashed on their fishbowl sized beers. Or Amsterdam Ave has a bunch of good bars in the early 80's. Brother Jimmies on 82nd-ish and Amsterdam is a good option for burgers and beer. I was at Churrascarria (sp?) last weekend and had a blast, although you'll need reservations on a Saturday night fo sho. Park Ave Cafe is cool, but the waiters may treat you like [censored] if they think they're only gonna have a $400 check for 12 people. Houlihans is a good suggestion, and so is any bar on 2nd Ave from 49thstreet up to about 66th. In fact, 66th and first has a great bar/restaurant called Fitzgerald's where they'd love to see you guys. Plus there's a poker room right near by there called the Newer Club (65th and 1st) which you could go and pwn! after a few burgers and beers. Anyway, PM me if you need more suggestions I've spent 30 years in this city and can point you in a good direction.