View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Voter Tests

[ QUOTE ]
My brother-in-law is from Brazil and in Brazil you are required to vote. The result is every slobbering-knuckle-dragging-retard votes.

I'd like to see the USA restrict voting by requiring potential voters to take a test. Those who pass get a voter's license good for 12 years. Questions like:
1. What are the three branches of the federal govt?
2. What are the first 10 amendments to the constitution called?
3. What is a veto?
4. How many votes are necessary to override a veto?
5. Which branch is required to submit a budget?
6. Which branch has the power to auhtorize the spending of money?

I think about 25%+ of Americans would fail this test even with coaching. The Democrats would lose most of their voters if such a requirement was inacted so I don't see this happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because, of course, Democrats are the secret power brokers in this country -- even when Republicans win elections! (which curiously, right-wingers are absolutely never hesitant to point out).

So you see, even when Republicans win and win and win, they'll never defeat those under-handed Democrats (i.e. liberals, i.e. terroist appeasers, i.e. baby killers), who surreptitiously control every facet of government, society, and culture with their seemingly limit-less powers.

Sleep with one eye open, Mister Grand Poo-Bah Felix. You'll find those black helicopters yet.