Thread: Thin 3-handed?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Thin 3-handed?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reads: Kurosh is the Button. He's pretty LAGGY with his 3-handed opening standards and seems to keep betting until people tell him not to. SB is a LAG who is more passive preflop, and from what I've seen who seems destined to give as much money away as possible. He's genuinely horrible. I'm sure Kurosh knows this, as it was HU for a while before I sat (I sat because I had played with the LAG a bunch).

Kurosh opens. SB calls. I call in the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB checks, I check, Kurosh bets, SB calls, I call.

The turn is the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, I check, Kurosh bets, SB checkraises, I call two...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't give your straight draw more than 3-3.5 outs, if that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to show me how you came about that conclusion? I figured it was somewhere between 6 and 8.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

One of our straight draws gives you the bottom of the 4straight on board, that needs to be severely discounted especially after a somewhat passive yet laggy guy checkraises the turn. On top of that there is a 2 flush on board discounting your fairly clean draw to the 2 and further discounting the 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 3-handed game with one person who has done nothing but autobet, I'm not sure how you discount the outs by well over 1/2 though. I do understand your thoughts but I think the discounting process is way too severe there. The LAGGY guy has been aggressive in general playing me postflop, but passive preflop (hence me sitting on his left).

Rob