View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Heads-Up general question. Your opponent does the following:

I am assuming that the SB is on the button. I caution you that I know virtually nothing about purely heads up play, but I will give you my thoughts anyway.

I would only 3-bet with showdown value then bet any flop then play a pure value game from there, putting him on random cards. I would usually bet every round with any pair. I would usually see to it that I got to the showdown either going into check and call mode on the turn or betting and calling down if I thought my hand was strong enough. On hands in which I didn't 3-bet, I would call then (assuming he autobets every flop) I would checkraise with any flopped pair or higher then usually bet every round.

I think the key is to not make ANY moves against this guy if he has proven to you that he will call down with any K high or better. Forget betting or raising with your draws and forget bluffing period. I think you will flat get the money from this guy if you just wait to make a pair or better and then value bet or raise him to death.

If you keep missing flops, then just keep folding whenever you don't have the odds to chase a random hand.

Cartman