View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Trouble at the 100nl on party

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses everyone. I guess i forgot to mention that I am playing 6max, important detail i know. As for giving a tell, I try to always take the same amount of time when its my turn to act, and always bet the same amounts to avoid a tell.

I chose to raise to 8x the bb because the people at the tables were calling this amount, I thought this would be good because it would cut down on implied odds/get more money in the pot while I had what was likely the best hand. Isnt the reason to only raise 4x the bb to make sure you get a call?

I was almost wondering if raising 8x the bb is provoking these players to check if my pants are down.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you raise ti 8x, then you arent gonna get played with very often, and when you do, it will be only by the stronger hands, who will then have a good chance to get your stack if they hit.

If you raise 8x with JJ, and get raised ... what do you do ?
If you raise 8x with AA, get called and the flop comes T85, you bet pot (16x), get a call, what is left to bet on the turn ? - Pot is now 48 and you have about 75 left, what is your turn play on a non-ace card ?