View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Bankroll Psychology - my unusual problem

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the only problem your inability or unwillingness to calculate and see whether your stock(or whatever form) of investment compares to your poker investment, or vice versa?

This is a math problem, your psychological hang-ups about the issue are because you don't know the right answer so you go with the "safer" one, but then you regret it later because you realize that you have no idea whether you are right or wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding! We have a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or too hammer home the pont other posters have made. You will probably make more money in the longrun, by keeping and growing a sufficient bankroll to allow you to play at the highest stake at which you are comfortable.

When you reach the point where you no longer feel the need to move up, you can cash out a larger percentage of your monthly winnings.

I started out a about 18months ago with what ended up being a $750 investment. Even if you factor in buying a new computer and poker books... call it $2000.

The amount I have been able to cash out, not counting what I have kept to grow my bankroll; is a much higher ROI, than anything I could have hoped for in most securities investments.

I am sure most here could say the same thing.