View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 01:14 PM

Default Re: KK on the bubble - Sat Final Table

I agree.

Although I stated the 4 options, the only two I seriously considered were Pushing and Calling (with the thought of pushing the flop).

I wound up Pushing, trying to take it down, or get heads up with the UTG short stack.

Instead, The SB did what big stacks do when they can close down the game. He called with A2s. Everyone else quickly folded, after all, why should the short stack play if the SB is willing to try and take me out now that I risked all my chips.

The SB picked up the Ace on the river and won. With out an Ace or a draw on the flop, he very well may have folded to an all-in by me on the flop, though I'll never know for certain. I think call / push was really my best option, but that may be hind sight.

I don't think his PF call terrible given the implied odds that if he wins the hand he wins, and if he loses, he is still very healthy and likely to win.

As a matter of fact, in situations like this, I am surprised that the other two big stacks didn't call as well. It could have been a 3 on one, and although if I quadrouple up I'm healthy, the chances of my hand holding up multi-way is small.