View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 11:46 AM

Default JJ - Overpair on a ragged board. Think I F\'d this up

BB is a complete unknown - this is his very first hand at the table.

SB is an 80/15/4 moron. Plays all the wrong hands, and plays them strongly. He also just stacked me 2 hands ago [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Stacks:
Hero - 98.50
SB - 249
BB - 100

Hero is on the Button w/ J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop <font color="blue"> (5 players) </font>: SB posts a $0.50 blind, BB posts a $1 blind, UTG folds, CO folds, Hero <font color="red"> raises to $5 </font>, SB calls, Button <font color="red"> raises to $18 </font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

<font color="green"> Ugh! I hate this type of play from an unknown. If he's a solid player it could be any PP from 99 up, if he's a maniac it could be almost anything. Worse, my raise looks somewhat like a steal attempt, so it could be a re-steal. If this was full-ring, I think it might be a fold, but with just 5 players.......</font>

($54) Flop <font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets $46, Hero calls, SB calls.

($192) Turn <font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets $36 (all-in), Hero calls for $34.50 (all-in), SB calls.

I hate this hand. None of BB's post-flop bets was unreasonable. His flop bet could easily have been a continuation bet with AK (yes he's betting into a PFR, but I'm sure we've all seen it before). The turn bet is a little more scare, but by then the pot is just huge...and SB's almost guaranteed to call also.

In hind sight, I'm thinking that if I'd planned far enough ahead on this, I'd have realized I was going to end up with all my chips in the middle. That being the case, I should have pushed on the flop. It probably wouldn't have changed anything, but it just might have gotten one, or both villains to fold.

The alternative is to fold PF, but I just hate that against an unknown.