View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Michelle Wie goes pro

Turning pro is also not compatible with her long term goals. In another article I read today, BJ was quoted about her long term goals. Basically what he said was her goal wasn't to be a member of the LPGA but was to compete with the men. If that really is the case she is in for a rough ride I think. She can't compete with the men now and years of appearance fee golf in Asia won't get her there. I doubt she can do it anyway, but I think she is going to have some problems. She is going to be financially secure if anybody with half a brain helps with the money, so in that sense she will be OK. But someday she just might wake up and feel like she pissed away her talent. Perhaps not. I hope not. But the more I see the more I predict a disappointing career. She is too talented to totally blow it, but it isn't at all clear she will have a career approaching Annika's even though she has more talent. And competing with the men???? How many Jason Gores does she have to beat on a consistent basis before she can pretend to have met her goals?