View Single Post
Old 01-25-2003, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Aggressive with 99 UTG

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
flop....he reraised a c/r
turn...he reraised a c/r again...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I thought he had AA after the turn, and why I check-called the river. I know you have to be aggressive and all, but wow. That was a lot of pounding on his part. I thought I was beaten, but I definitely wasn't so sure that I was folding. I WAS sure enough that I wasn't raising the river.

The "limping standards vs raising standards" is a good thing to think about. I think I myself probably limp too much.

El Gato, sorry if the description was unclear. The turn didn't get capped (the flop did). On the turn, I checkraised, the UTG+1 player folded, the MP player 3-bet, and I called.

I think the checkraise on the turn may not have been the best play, since I wasn't worried about draws and it didn't make me more money, although I still like the aggression of the hand in general. I raised the 99 preflop since I was hoping overcards would fold, and with the thought that the table seemed like they might be reasonably smart and fold to a raise.

Again, thanks to all, because as a new player, it's really helpful and gratifying to get help from more experienced players.