Old 03-17-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Rogue waves

Dear Mr. Gergery,

You posted:

[ QUOTE ]
3578 will win 4 times out of 10 vs. A259
QQ43 is a favorite and will win 5+ times out of 10 vs. A259

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest you ask around about the validity regarding your opinion on the value of the hands: "3578" and "QQ43" versus "A259." I feel somebody totally mislead you -- so I'm trying to do you a favor and I hope you understand. Essentially whether the makeup of the cards are suited is also almost a moot point, although it can shift the odds a significant amount but probably not enough to ever make the pocket cards “3578’ or “QQ43” a favorite over the hand “A259.” Also the number of other opponents would be a moot point with respect to the hands: "3578" and "QQ43." In fact, the private Omaha8 hand consisting of a single ACE with three other random cards (on balance) will clean the clock of either: "3578" and "QQ43." From your initial reply, I don’t expect you to believe me – based on the tone of your reply regarding the (my) analogy or metaphor of relating a rogue ocean wave to the actions of an ignorant maniac in a short three or four hour OM8 B&M tournament or a one hour one table sit&go on Partypoker. I suggest you….

You use Wilson’s Turbo OM8 software program to test the hands: "3578" and "QQ43" versus "A259." You don’t have to do that if you believe me, but…. If you don’t have the program you, you can order it over the Internet on the URL:
Learn more about Matching Sites
• The Official Site of Wilson Turbo Poker Software - Texas holdem poker and poker software by Wilson Software. The #1 Rated Texas Holdem Poker Software. http://wilsonsoftware.com/
Also there are free Internet sites which you can get from two+two which returns the relative value or odds of various poker hands in flop games. If you are interested, I will at my leisure try to send them to you. It would take me some time to run this info down—sad to say I have too many irons in the fire.

Most warm regards & , Happy St. Pat’s day

Carl