View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Extremely Successful Player Raises EVERY hand...

Thanks for the replies Guru, your input has been extremely helpful.

There is one last question that really has me stumped though.

When this guy's VPIP is over 40%, I would expect to see a much higher percentage of marginal hands in his statistics, yet I really don't. There are a few, so I know he does it, but not as many as the VPIP would indicate.

For example, when I look at his known hands on the button, except for Ax, they really follow the same pattern as most of the tighter players: AA-22, AK-A9, KQ-K9, QJs-76s, and a few medium one gappers.

How is that? Occassionally his trash would have to hit, so it should show up. There are winning players as high as 55% VPIP and their holdings are similar. Where are they getting the hands? What are they doing with them? How can they just raise that trash and then throw it away and still be such a winning player?

The only thing I can guess is that they are trying to break even on marginal hands without ever showing. Which obviously gives them more action on their better hands.

Is that about right? Trying to break even or a bit ahead on trash hands without ever showing? I can't get the percentages to add up any other way.