View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Update: DeLay Turns Down a Ronnie Earle Plea Bargain for a...

Delay's attorney says the offer to plead to a misdemeanor was made BEFORE the 1st indictments were handed out.
There were two plea offers.
The first offer was BEFORE DeLay was indicted. Earle told DeLay that if he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor then he would NOT be indicted on the felony charges. DeLay said no.

The 2nd offer was AFTER DeLay got indicted. If DeLay pleaded guilty to a misdemeaner, then the felony indictments would be dropped. DeLay turned this down. This was the plea offer I was commenting on. It was pretty silly of Earle to make such an offer after DeLay has already had to endure the press hooplah of these sham indictments. DeLay is fighting this all-the-way.

How you went from the facts to the claims made in your post are beyond me.
Well I live in Texas and Ronnie Earle's unthically methods are common knowledge. I'd rather not have to re-write numerous posts that I've made on Ronnie Earle's shenanigans. Don't believe me. Just watch the Delay-Earle sage in the next few weeks. Earle will become desperate to avoid a trial. Already he has failed to produce documents to the DeLay defense team that he claimed he had. My prediction is these sham indictments never go to trial. Feel free to razz me if my predictions come to naught.