View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Delayed statements

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know anything about Ronnie Earle, or much about the indictments, but I do know Tom DeLay has said the following things:

"Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into daycare, the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers who take birth control pills."

"Our entire system is built on the Judeo-Christian ethic, but it fell apart when we started denying God. If you stand up today and acknowledge God, they will try to destroy you... My mission is to bring us back to the Constitution and to Absolute Truth that has been manipulated and destroyed by a liberal worldview."

"People hate the messenger. That's why they killed Christ."

"Give me one example that proves evolution. One example! You can't."

"The judges need to be intimidated, they need to uphold the Constitution. If they don't behave, we're going to go after them in a big way."

"It has never been proven that air toxics are hazardous to people."

"I AM the federal government." –to the owner of Ruth's Chris Steak House, after being told to put out his cigar because of federal government regulations banning smoking in the building, May 14, 2003

"So many minority youths had volunteered…that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like myself." -explaining at the 1988 GOP convention why he and vice presidential nominee Dan Quayle did not fight in the Vietnam War

"Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" –to three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 9, 2005

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I wonder what vulturesrow or some other posters in the thread think of these statements, just solely based on these statements I would like to see him out of office.

The sad thing is probably these guys are in office and are so popular because too many people in the US share the above ideas.