View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Do you play this differently preflop? Postflop?

Sorry I can't find this tournament in my hand history so I'll have to recreate it from memory.

Down to the final three players in a 30 person tournament on party. Payout is fairly flat, with 3rd getting $30, 2nd getting $37.50 and 1st getting $45.

Blinds are at 400/800.
UTG (2,600) folds. Villain (18,000) in SB raises 1600 to 2400 total. Hero (9,400) is in BB with KQ suited. Hero?

My read on Villain is that he is a fairly straightforward and ABC player that is probably not attempting a steal with garbage. I put him on a medium to high pocket pair or two cards higher than 10.
------------------------------------------------------------
Flop comes Q J 7 with two diamonds and none of my suit. Villain bets 4800. Hero?

I'm now trying to figure out the range of hands that has me beat after my initial read and am contemplating folding to make sure I move up in the money. The large bet looks a little suspicious to me, however, and I am thinking that he might be trying to push me off with a medium pocket pair or AK or some other weak draw.

I will post info on how I played this hand after getting some replies and poll info.