Thread: College Advice.
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: College Advice.

Awesome, these responses are great so far. I especially like this PM I got shortly after I posted.

from granny50

[ QUOTE ]

I can help you out. I can offer you private online lessons via messenger or AOL. For more information here's my (beta) website:
http://www.2hot2cool.com/11/shehzad20/index.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

sexypanda: yes I am taking precalc in college, my high school advisor [censored] me over and instead of taking it in high school they put me in Algebra 3. So it didn't count as exempting it.

jakethebake: Quarter mid-life crisis.. hmm thats interesting. Maybe I should buy a $60,000 car and forget about college.

Patrick: About to go buy WoW now, cheers!

mmbt0ne: I'm guessing you are a GA resident as well. I know I'm getting evaluated this semester, but I never heard about the 2/3 class rule. Can you show me a link?

voltron: My gut is telling me that as well.

Boris: No, I'm not a troll, I'm just starting to post in OOT more than the strat forums. Thanks for the comments. I'm still trying to adjust to college which is why I didn't go to 100% of my classes. Parents were assholes so I enjoyed my freedom a little bit too much, sue me. Oh and the HOPE scholarship is a regular Georgia thing. Every high school student who graduates with a 3.0 or above gets it. Not a huge deal to get. Not changing my major, there's nothing else I would rather do than computers. It's what I enjoy in life. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

ChoicestHops: I'm going to talk to my advisor tomorrow and make sure that I can drop these classes and keep Hope if my GPA is good.

Patrick: Yea, calc blows. I was actually thinking of doing a dual-major in engineering but I decided against it because it was an extremem amount of work. 18 hour semesters minimum.

Yea, I know I [censored] up dropping so many classes. Not going to class has already cost me two classes so far this semester. Another one I missed a paper and a quiz on the same day, so my 90 average went to a 30.
Last semester I started with 15 hours and ended with 8, and this semester I started with 12 and will be ending with 7 probably.

That's what my Dad says too about working now so you don't have to in the future. Good advice, I'm trying to take it.

bosoxfan: Dude, you are so right. Screw college.