Thread: A8o
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: A8o

well, there is a way to find out of u have the effective odds to call turn and river. POkerstove a likely range...say u put that range at 90 percent he has it. Then do some unlikely hands he may have make that 10 percent.

Put it into a .9(y)+.1(x) = effective call down odds. I mean, the general play is, u call a turn raise, u are almost commited to calling blank rivers. But that really depends, there is no use if u are sure u are beat more often than the odds u are getting from the pot.

But really this isnt sb vs BB, he u raised on a steal, both u and the sb call. He called your flop bet (check raise next time), and raised with both of u still in the pot. I mean, sure sometimes ppl will get tricky, but its likely he has some sort of hand here. Just because u call the turn does not mean u are forced to call the river. But I think it really becomes clearer on what do do if u CR this flop and then he raises u on the turn (because who knows, he could be the time to call and pop u with A-high or whatever on the turn, figuring your donk bet is weak).