View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: QQ flop in very large pot

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who claims that they can't see a turn for 2SBs here is wrong. We're looking at a bare minimum of 14:1 and Justin has a good 4 outs, after discounting all his draws. I mean, half the damn deck gives him a good draw at the river.

As far as the hand goes, I think betting isn't a bad alternative...something I'd do occasionally. It'll add deception to your hand, and it may make people make bad folds. However, I'll check usually here, since it seems to be the kind of field where I can see a turn cheaper by checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is a good point and I would have definitely continued for 2 small bets, maybe 3. The 8 is an important card here because it makes my backdoor straight outs pretty strong. As Gonores said I have about 4 outs here and my implied odds are probably good enough to see the turn for 3 bets.

Something that no one has mentioned is that there's still some chance that I have the best hand on the flop. If I do have the best hand, giving a free card is not good, but is that outweighed by my desire to see the turn as cheaply as possible if I don't have the best hand?