View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Best Old School Video Game of All Time; Round of 32

[ QUOTE ]
this is typical nerd fodder and is also utter horsesh*t. chrono trigger is my favorite RPG of all-time and i definitely picked it over tecmo super bowl. however, tecmo super bowl was way ahead of it's time as far as sports games go and was simply a fantastic game. it deserves to be in the contest.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are wrong. I have already clearly spelled out why.

Tecmo Super Bowl might be a fun and entertaining game for some people. In particular I can see retarded people and people that cannot read without expending large amounts of mental energy preferring a football video game over a true work of art like Chrono Trigger. But the fact that it is more fun for these poor imbeciles does not make it a better game.

Most OOTers have never played the ancient strategy game Go, in fact probably more have played the recently popular online Risk. If you made a poll asking which is the better game, Risk would probably win right now. However, a true objective analysis of these games can be done. Go has more heritage, more strategy, more culture, and more thought to it than Risk. Risk is simply popular recently. This is the same reason MTV is showing Britney Spears music videos and other crap instead of Beethoven. But anyone with any clue knows that Beethoven's music is simply better than Britney Spears--regardless of what some teenagers prefer.

Euphoria is nice, and addictive. And I can see where it has its place with these fans of Tecmo Super Bowl. It has influenced them to the point where they don't really care about which game is superior, they just remember "oh wow that game was really fun." If any of these clowns were to actually play through a game like Chrono Trigger, they would realize that these two games don't deserve to be in the same league even. It's a real travesty that that has been done, and the result really shows OOT's lack of taste and basic ignorance.

But yeah, keep calling me a nerd and refuting my statements with a total lack of logic or substantial thought like everyone else in this thread already has. I'm sure that will make you feel better about yourself.