View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Party 25NL. AK tptk, bets pot gets two callers.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what do I suggest? A push. Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ] Though I agree with your assessment as to what hands are most LIKELY out there... I think the push is terrible. Its one of those situations where, unless everyone is a moron, everyone you beat will fold and everyone else will call. Matter of fact, I LOVE overbetters like this. They're the ideal people to trap.

[ QUOTE ]
I think will that board and since you showed some strength preflop, the two pair and set hands are going to raise you on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree... many people slowplay their sets until the turn. How often do you see people with sets play the same pattern, call the flop bet, raise (or checkraise) the turn.

Furthermore, Considering all the limpers and the fact that its a $25 table, a lot of weak aces are possible. And now, on the turn when someone else may have just made 2 pair, or when a set is ready to 'make their move', you suggest the poster go allin with no improvement.

I think this is a terrible idea, it gets no value out of the hand when OP is ahead because it folds all worse hands except from the worst calling stations and gives away his stack to anyone who's beating him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the standard play is to lead the turn and fold to a raise right? What if we are called, a reasonable sized defensive/value bet on the river? Meh, I suppose this is the right way to play it.

Don't forget we are talking about the worst players on the internet in this game. I seriously doubt many of them are capable of laying traps to the huge overbetters--I must note that in my game I will make this overbets with Sets and Huge Draws also, so sometimes when I sense weakness, like in this situation I will put my opponents to the test.