View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: AJo......Stage 1 of play along

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand the SD reasonably check-raises on this flop that we beat is a flush draw or possibly QJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we have zero information on the SB, we can't say that. Even a somewhat reasonable player might c/r with AK, KQ/KJ (w/ K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), or T9, in addition to the hands you mentioned. A poor player could c/r with AT or a weaker ace, a misplayed KK, KJ/QT/JT, or some horribly bad bluff attempt.

With the pot size so big, we are clearly continuing with this hand--with the exception of an unlikely AA, no matter what SB has if he's ahead of us, we have enough outs to continue when you factor in the backdoor draws (one to a chop with broadway on the board). There is therefore no reason to allow the other players to continue cheaply with hands which could improve to win the pot (i.e. KQ) or with cards which could take away our own outs (i.e. K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]). Plus, we have a rabid calling station to our right who will gladly call multiple bets unprofitably.

I'm not slowing down here unless SB caps the flop & leads into me on the turn as well (and I don't improve on the turn).

And I seriously think SB is check/raising with a draw here at least as often as he is with a better made hand.