View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: \"Big Stacks can bully around the Small Stacks\" blah blah blah

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard it a million times... in a MTT you need a big stack to bully the small stacks with. I don't buy it, can someone show me one ounce of mathematical proof of this? When you are close to the money I agree (small stacks need to survive to the $$$), but early on in the tournament there is no mathematical reason for it (if the small stacks want to play scared that is their own problem, but mathematically they are not at a disadvantage).

[/ QUOTE ]

in a non-rebuy, big stacks should be able to bully a ton very near the bubble, bully somewhat when you're getting close to itm, and bully only very slightly near the beginning. that's at least if everyone is playing reasonably, and they're trying maximize ROI as opposed to $/hr.

[ QUOTE ]
I bring this up because of a particular tournament I went to locally that allowed UNLIMITED rebuys regardless of your stack size. Some guys immediately rebought 10 or 20 times to get a big stack to bully people with... I say that was way -EV. The value of each chip goes down as your stack gets bigger, so they were getting less and less EV for each rebuy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i highly doubt this is a good idea. i might do it if i were playing a $5 tournament and i wanted to play something bigger.