View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 05:56 AM

Default How To Make \"Taking A Break\" more +EV?

I started playing poker about 18 months ago, and have played almost daily since. I decided to take the last week of this year off from poker. Things haven't been running as well as I am used to, and I have read suggestions to other posters that a break may be a good way to begin turning things around. So, I have been rereading my poker library and reading 2+2 more often when i normally would be playing. Today I reviewed some hands in Poker Tracker. Unfortunetly I only have ~ 5000 hands at my new level. With my sample size being so small, I thought it would be better to replay the actual hands than to put too much weight in overall averages for each hand type. I also have been trying to find a concept or two to think about while i am at work. For example, today i thought about how to play my small-medium PP better. Going over different scenarios in my head and thinking about the best play and whether or not I have been consistantly making the correct play for the scenario. What else should I be doing to make this break +EV?