View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: When did James Dungy become John Lennon?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know. It's really pissing me off. The dude took his own life. Now I don't know what kind of issues he had so it's certainly wrong to say that he deserved to die. However, this is by no means a "tragedy".

A tragedy is when someone is going to help the poor but then gets run over by a car and dies. Someone taking their own life is not a tragedy.

Furthermore, people die all the time. It's ridiculous that this guy is getting so much media time just because he's a famous coach's son.

[/ QUOTE ]

He isn't just a famous coach. According to many of his colleagues, he's the most well-liked and respected in the league. And no, the fact that it was a suicide does not mean it was not a tragedy, simply because it doesn't fit a literal and narrow definition. This event has touched more people than you may realize, even if you're not among them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently met coach Dungy and he is an unbelievably nice guy. I talked with him for about 20 mins and all he talked about was his kids. Thats why people that know him are making such a big deal about it.