View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: 3/6(6-max): Drunken TT overpair

By not re-raising preflop and with no discussion as to your opponent's playing style, you put yourself in the position of not knowing anything about your situation. Plus, you let the BB get in with great odds. I re-raise to 80 from late button. With 1010, position, and a "drunk" image, why not (slur)?

What a complicated flop. First thing you need to ask yourself is your opponent's hand range? Right? Does he play mid pairs, suited connectors this way? Or is he nitty? See, I have not a clue how to play this hand without at least some read on my opponent. Of course, this happens, so away we go.

Pot size is now at $300. And, this looks a bit like an overbet. Kinduv like Ad(K-J), and let's get everyone out of the way. Either that, or he has a set and doesn't want your "drunk" ass chasing. I doubt he plays a made flush this way. So, I don't mind a push here. If he hit his set, well, at least you have your diamond draw. If he has Ad(K-J), it's a raise, but you are getting fold equity + good pot equity. If you are beat by a diamond flush, well, so be it. Push is fine.