View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Play from the blinds: T6s

Although I might chicken out, I think this is a pretty good call. What hand that is better than top pair plays this way (check/call open push)? Is anyone slowplaying anything huge knowing that a heart will ruin their action or their hand? Would the flopped nut flush really try to blow hero off his hand when he hasn't shown any real strength, or would he try to extract value? Also, the turn can't change anything, and his open push looks a lot like a flush draw that whiffed the turn. I wouldn't be surprised to see a naked A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] often here. People on this board sometimes underestimate the alternate reality that occurs in SB/BB confrontations at the lower levels.... Some people take the "be aggressive HU" maxim and use it as an excuse for outrageous bluffs. I don't know.... I think Scuba's hand is good over 1/2 to 2/3rds the time here. That said, when you get stacked with top pair, nonsense kicker it's embarrassing. Against some SBs, however, I think I would make his call often given the action. If he does have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] alone, you are far ahead -- 3 to 1 favorite -- nice odds to nearly double up early.