View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Rakeback @ B&M - Finally!!

The owner of the local cardroom in town e-mailed me and wondered why I don't come in as often as I used to. Its a small room that spreads only 3/6 and 4/8. He suspects I play almost exclusively online and he's right.

I wrote back quite a lengthy and well thought out response basically showing how much it costs a recreational player like myself to play live small stakes. Its darn near impossible to beat the rake at 3/6.

I suggested a rakeback program whereby he pays 25% of the rake back to medium/high volume players. There is still the stupid jackpot drop and of course dealer tokes, but a reduced rake might get me to play more locally. I like the place and its an hour drive to the Bay area to play 6/12 or 8/16 which I'm not totally BRed for, so online SNGs it is.

He e-mailed me back this morning offering to pay back at the rate of $3.75 an hour. w00t!! I like it. It's not perfect, but it sure does help reduce the burden at 3/6 and 4/8.

Now, instead of paying the house $12 an hour to play, it will average $8.25. That might just be enough to make 4/8 beatable.

Just thought I'd share that.

Onaflag...........