View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: 10/20 live AK - decisionmaking at the turn

[ QUOTE ]
A follow-up:

Because of what we can say about our relative status vis-a-vis the hand behind us, and the fact that many of the hands that are beating us have us drawing quite thin (any set or K high two pair), I don't think there are tons of situations here where I really like just calling down. If we don't think we're ahead of the EP guy often enough to merit putting in a raise, a large percentage of the time folding is going to be better.

The only time I would like calling is if EP guy is a maniac, in which case I call down to see a showdown for 2 BB and not open myself up to having to put in 4 BB or more to showdown a hand I'm committed to showing down.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bets were rare on any street in this game, except when one or more players held sets or better. Coldcalling, however, was extremely common. The game was insanely loose passive, with only a few players injecting aggression. EP was not a maniac, but just an unsophisticated fish, and I would rather never play poker again than fold this turn against the opponents I was facing.