View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: When do you move down/what do you do?

Joshua,

First off I want to say that I respect you as a poster and I don't mean to come across as a Jerk. Secondly, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Okay, you have won 1000 BB at 5/10. If you were properly rolled (500 BB) you should have 1500 BB. Why do you only have 500 BB? You realize bankroll is different concept that the amount of money you have on site. If your bankroll is not 340 BB than you might need to consider moving down. I'm hoping you can reload at any time though (you alude to it in a later post).

If you have a larger bankroll and are just worried about not having enough on site, why would that cause you to move down. The amount you have on site is immaterial if you can deposit more at the drop of a dime (Ha).

Next, if you think you are a winner, and that seems likely since you are over a 1.7 BB /100 winner over 5K hands, why move down if bankroll isn't an issue? There are reasons to move down if you are properly bankrolled. You might be tilting and need to play a game where you are a heavy favorite. Build confidence. That sort of thing.

But hell if you need to built confidence everytime you drop 160 bets, you are never going to get everywhere. (Especially in 6-max) How can I put this in perspective? I've had losing streaks that lasted longer than your entire career at 5/10.

link

NLSoldier dropped over 800 BB. That's a swing 5 times the magnitude of your measly complaint.

Soldier

I've also dropped 240 bets in 24 hours. These things happen in shorthand limit. You have to toughen up to survive.

Krishan